mai 03, 2024, 10:52:40 am *
Velkommen, Gjest. Vennligst logg inn eller registrer deg.
Har du ikke mottatt e-post for aktivering ?

Logg inn med brukernavn, passord og innloggingstid
Takk for din støtte!
Nyheter: Velkommen til et samlet VWNorge!

Hovedside   Hjelp Søk Logg inn Registrer  
Sider: [1]
  Skriv ut  
Skrevet av Emne: WANTED: x1 1967 "1500" 6volt Beetle Starter Motor.....  (Lest 1541 ganger)
Lee.C
Supermedlem

You either "Get It" or you don't.....

Vis profil WWW
« på: desember 15, 2014, 21:02:38 pm »

WANTED: x1 1967 "1500" 6volt Beetle Starter Motor, Part No: 111 911 021F

I am looking for one of these original vw starters to convert my 65 bug....
These starters also work with 12v ring gears so will be perfect for this conversion.....

I will consider ANYTHING as long as its the correct one!
Drop me a reply or an email monki772003@yahoo.co.uk or just give me a call: 07746910178

* starter1.jpg (72.8 KB, 800x598 - vist 113 ganger.)
Loggført
Rocket-Racing
Supermedlem

Vis profil
« Svar #1 på: desember 15, 2014, 23:12:03 pm »

Don't have any here at the moment but I have a good tip  Glad
The starter you are looking for is basically one that looks and works like a 68-> 12V starter but is in fact 6V.
Now if you have an ordinary 6V starter and an ordinary 12V starter, take them all apart on the kitchen table and put the right parts together you will end up with exactly what you are looking for. That's what VW did  Blunker
Loggført

If it ain't broke... sell it & buy one that is

SCREWDRIVER #6

www.screwdriversnorway.blogspot.com
Lee.C
Supermedlem

Vis profil WWW
« Svar #2 på: desember 15, 2014, 23:43:42 pm »

Don't have any here at the moment but I have a good tip  Glad
The starter you are looking for is basically one that looks and works like a 68-> 12V starter but is in fact 6V.
Now if you have an ordinary 6V starter and an ordinary 12V starter, take them all apart on the kitchen table and put the right parts together you will end up with exactly what you are looking for. That's what VW did  Blunker

hehehehe Nice plan dude..... I have been talking to a few others who say I can use a 12v "Semi-Auto" starter  Tvilende As its "Self surporting" and I won't need to change the "Bush"  Tvilende  Glad

Any thoughts on this??  Glad
Loggført
Rocket-Racing
Supermedlem

Vis profil
« Svar #3 på: desember 15, 2014, 23:55:32 pm »

They kinda do different things..

The automatic starter lets you convert your car to 12 V without changing the bushing. As you say it is supported in its own body. Never really saw the big thing with this as you would have to have the engine out to change the flywheel and grind the '65 trans to accept the 12V flywheel anyway. Changing the bush is the small part of the job..

The "67 1500" starter does something totally different.. It gives you the opportunity to put a newer/souped up engine into your old car that while remaining 6V can use the 12V flywheel and bigger clutch..
Loggført

SCREWDRIVER #6

Lee.C
Supermedlem

Vis profil WWW
« Svar #4 på: desember 16, 2014, 00:24:50 am »

They kinda do different things..

The automatic starter lets you convert your car to 12 V without changing the bushing. As you say it is supported in its own body. Never really saw the big thing with this as you would have to have the engine out to change the flywheel and grind the '65 trans to accept the 12V flywheel anyway. Changing the bush is the small part of the job..

The "67 1500" starter does something totally different.. It gives you the opportunity to put a newer/souped up engine into your old car that while remaining 6V can use the 12V flywheel and bigger clutch..

Hmmmm Interesting........

I was planning on running the 6volt starter on 12v anyhow Blunker

To be honest I am just looking for the Simplest way of doing it  Tvilende

You are right about the Bush....
Thats the easy bit!

Any tips on "Clearancing??
Loggført
Rocket-Racing
Supermedlem

Vis profil
« Svar #5 på: desember 16, 2014, 01:56:05 am »

So you are converting the car to 12V? Then there is absolutely no need for a "67 1500" starter.. Why run it on twice the current it wants instead of just using an ordinary 12V starter that will do the job much better and is so much easier to get..

If you were to run a 6V starter on 12V you could just convert the rest of the car and leave the engine in there and not change either the flywheel or the starter  Blunker The only issue I have had doing this is that the starter may "steal" all the current while cranking the engine (at twice the speed) so there is nothing left for the ignition. Resulting in an engine that you can crank forever without getting it started but it will fire as soon as you let go of the key  Gliser

If you do it "the proper way" you will have to change the flywheel, starter and clearance the trans for the larger flywheel. It is very self explaining where to grind when you see it. An old trick is to put the engine as far in as possible and turn it so the teeth will leave marks but it really isn't necessary. Having a loose flywheel to measure up will do fine.
Loggført

SCREWDRIVER #6

Lee.C
Supermedlem

Vis profil WWW
« Svar #6 på: desember 16, 2014, 02:11:41 am »

Yeah you are right dude.....

I'll be honest I was just looking for a starter that worked with the later 12v flywheel and I did not know about the self surporting semi auto type starter etc

Its great to get ALL the info I can then I can mix & match ideas/parts and make life easy for myself Blunker

Loggført
Sider: [1]
  Skriv ut  

Gå til:  

Bygget på MySQL Bygget på PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 godkjent! CSS godkjent!